Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sriracha

It gets an article at the NYT today. It's good reading. Here's a list of facts not entirely within the article.

  • The sauce operation shares my birth-month.

  • I like it on macaroni and cheese.

  • Yuka, which I'm surprised I haven't mentioned here yet, uses it extensively: Like many sushi places, their spicy sauce is a blend of sriracha and Japanese (probably Kewpie) mayo, but unlike most their spicy tuna omits the mayo and is just tuna mixed with sriracha, giving a more intense heat and much better texture than the gloppy spicy tuna most places serve.

  • Their coarser chili-garlic sauce is also very good, I use it when cooking and the sriracha at the table.

1 comment:

  1. Their chili-garlic sauce is absurdly addictive. I'm on the verge of eating it plain.

    ReplyDelete